Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good Choice, Jillian


My little sister, Jillian, is going off to college in the fall, so she's been in the midst of that awful/exciting college finding process for a while. After her visit to George Mason this week, she has decided that it's the school for her. George Mason is in Fairfax, VA, so I decided to look up how close that is to D.C. It's pretty close. That's good, considering that I told her that if she went to West Virginia University (a runner up), I would never visit her because it would be boring.
At any rate, I went to the George Mason website, and was greeted by the same photo with which I am greeting you.
It reads: "With the help of Mason's Career Switchers Program, Kevin Laub discovered his true calling:" Hanging plastic lobsters on classroom walls. Or maybe he calls them "Laubsters"?
SIDE NOTE: Jill is the one who inspired the name for this blog, The Toothpick's Worm. She came up with it as a team name for some event at school when she was ten. This is, apparently, not unlike the inspiration for the band name Jimmy Eat World

1 comment: