Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Review of Wendy's Frosty Float or How I wasted $2.13 on Wednesday


On Wednesday, January 9, 2008, I went to Wendy's. I pass the Wendy's at 15th and Chestnut at least once a day, and they have had this big advertisement for the Frosty Float for several weeks. It includes the photo shown to the right. Now, everyone likes Frosties. They're good. We all know it's just a milkshake, but the experience is somehow different. So. A Frosty Float. Sounds Good. It couldn't be very much money; half off the Wendy's menu is only $.99.
Because the weather has been so unnaturally nice this week, I thought, "This is the week I buy a Frosty Float." And it was. I bought one yesterday in between picking up my paycheck and going to the bank. The service at Wendy's was about par, not good, not too bad. I ordered the float and was given the total of $2.13. I looked up at the menu to realize that the Floats are $1.99, but, of course, Frosty Floats are NOT considered necessity by the State of Pennsylvania, and so they are taxed 7%.
After waiting for a minute, I was asked what kind of soda I wanted in my float. I said, "Root Beer." They said, "We don't have Root Beer." I, reluctantly, said, "Coke." I was then handed my sticky, overflowing Float. I had to go over and get a dozen napkins and clean everything up before I could leave. Then, I left.
So, the Float was okay. I ate/drank only half of it before throwing it out. Why didn't they have Root Beer?! Isn't "Float" Root Beer's last name? I don't know what I expected, but it simply didn't do anything for me. I was disappointed, to say the least. (To say the most would be: I was moved to blog about it after over a month of not blogging on anything.)

Later that day, Jared asked me to do one push up for him. I did, but he said my nose had to touch the ground. So I tried again, and I think that my pelvis/diaphragm might be broken.

Good day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got duped. Someone high up in Wendy's is out of touch with reality if they think you can offer floats but not root beer.

It's funny how girls can't do pushups.

thebetterof2evils said...

Same thing happened to me, i had to get coke. It was gross. I had to save the frosty from drowning in the coke since its the only good part. I was thinking of bringing a can of root beer and asking if they could use that instead.

Jeff said...

We have a limited supply of all types of soda, it probably just so happened that that particular Wendy's ran out of Root Beer that day. It happens in my store constantly, management fails at ordering the proper amount of soda all the time, it's either we order too much or too little. We run out of napkins, cups, fry cartons ("I'm sorry sir, we're out of large fry cartons today."), cup lids, meat, crackers, salt, ketchup, and just about anything else. Your order taker should've been more clear and should've said, "We're OUT of Root Beer today, would you like Coke instead?" Instead of just, "We don't have Root Beer." How cold.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

I read about it some days ago in another blog and the main things that you mention here are very similar

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

this one propecia lawsuit connecticut - generic propecia in usa