Friday, February 9, 2007

What's the Temperature, Ginny?


Today was my re-entry into the world. The bitter fucking cold world, man. My mom and I went to South Mountain Cycles, which is a bike shop co-owned by the former manager of my mom's store (Bikesport). (Note: I don't know if SMC has a website, but I found that one. And Bikesport's website is in progress. My apologies for it looking like Scheisse.) Anyway, we went there first (it's in Allentown), and had coffee, etc. then we went to Target (no hyperlink neccessary, I hope) in Allentown, where I rode around in a wheelchair and was stared at by children and fat people alike. Mom bought me silverware and some shirts. That was rivetting. After that, we stopped at Home Depot in Quakertown, where I stayed in the car and talked to Dominique on the phone about babies having grown up names. Then we went to Old Navy in Montgomeryville, where my sister works. I picked out some clothes for her to buy me with her discount. Then we went to Home Goods, which I had never been in before, but I managed to knock several dozen pillows off their shelves in my wheelchair. We came home after our tri-county tour down Route 309. I made frozen stir fry for dinner, then I took a bath. (I DID wind up taking a bath yesterday, as well... sorry I forgot to mention that). Now here I am. I am exhausted. I just wrote Lisa a tediously long email and I'm ready to crash. I was wanting to start watching No Direction Home tonight, which Jared leant me via USPS. But I'm tired. I didn't watch any TV today or yesterday, though, which feels good. But I didn't wiki anything today, either. I went to the deathtraps of America, Target and Old Navy. God Damn.
Okay, I'm boring myself. I'm going to find a picture on my computer to put with this post because, frankly, it just makes the posts look more exciting and enticing when they are accompanied by photos!
TTFN, Friends

*Okay, I chose the picture of me and my parents at graduation last week, because it's their fault that I have bunions. And because Jared's brother didn't know that they are divorced, so when he offered to take a picture of the three of us, my dad said, "Sure, we can always crop out who we need to later."

**Something else: My mind has been blown by this. Thank you, Brian, for making me a more worthy R.E.M. fan. And Dan Rather fan, I suppose.

***BTW, I have been promoted from my non-existent place in my sister's Top 8 to being number 1 (ONE!) in her top 12! I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. I must be doing something right, sitting around all day. Maybe it's because the dog sleeps with me now...

No comments: