Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Octoberfest(s) '08

Good old Tuesday. Yesterday I left work early on a count of feeling queasy --physically and mentally. Maybe I hadn't eaten in a while or something, I don't know. I was shakey and nauseated. And I was getting really upset that there's nothing for me to do at work and yet I can't really work on things that I wish I were at home working on. Then I thought I could improve my grasp of HTML (which is minimal, at best) but I couldn't find a good resource and I was just getting more and more fed up. So I left around 2. The fresh air helped.

I went home and watched an old video tape that I found when I was at home last weekend. It was the first tape I had in my video camera, which I bought when I was 18. It was very funny. My sister is so strange, and she always has been. She has always enjoyed performing impromptu songs in front of people/cameras. So some of that was documented. The other thing that was particularly amusing was the segment where I walked around high school. It made high school look like so much fun, which is not a memory that I have.
I guess that even though I always talk about how much I hated high school and hated college, I don't realize how novel it is for your life to revolve around people who are all the same age as you and who are all in the same boat as you. Come to think of it, that is what I hated about it all. Maybe it wasn't so bad. Either way, I still hope that I never say that those were the best times of my life.

I don't know how October wound up becoming so busy for me. On Saturday the 13th, Jared and I will be working at the Swap Meet at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome (which is all of a sudden called the Valley Preferred Cycling Center..?!). They have it every fall (and maybe even every Spring). Commercial and private vendors buy tables and sell their unwanted wares for shockingly low/negotiable prices. I have never been able to go because I have always been a retail peon who had to work Saturdays because she went to school during the week. So I am excited that I not only get to go this year, but I get to make money while I'm there. This should be fun.
This means that all of my October weekends are officially booked. Maybe I can even sell some earrings at the swap meet..!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mal, there's really only a few tags you need to know... div span table.. stuff like that, but then you have to get good with style/css stuff. w3schools.com has tutorials on lots of stuff.