Friday, October 19, 2007

I guess you could say I'm excited..!


Today I am leaving work early to go with Jared and his family to upstate New York (Hammondsport, to be exact. The photo on the right is of somewhere in Hammondsport. I googled it.). His Aunt (and Uncle and cousins) live on a farm there, and they have a tradition of going up each year to help chop and collect firewood for the winter. This year, I have been invited. I'm excited. Excited to leave work early, excited to be somewhere different and new, excited to be in the middle of nowhere/nature, and excited to do this thing that I have never done.

At work, they are switching around offices, and I am getting a cubicle neighbor. Her name is Bernice (often called Miss Bernice). She is the funniest, most light-hearted woman who works here. She is round and jovial with short curly hair and a sharp wit. She has already brought over picture frames, toys, plants, and complaints about pack rats (!). I am excited about a new neighbor (whom I like a lot), a change of environment, a change of attitude, and more student workers :)

I am bidding on a camera on ebay, which I am destined to win because I placed an overly high bid. If I don't win it, then, oh well. Someone else will be paying way too much. I haven't had a digital camera in months and it's killing me. I really need to be taking photos for the earring business, Rittenhouse Magazine, Bikesport events, and so much more. I wish I had a camera for this weekend. I have been researching cameras for months and THIS IS IT! I am excited about learning to use cameras manually again, taking photos for my and kelly's etsy site (yet to be made), and being able to actually implement all of the photo ideas that I have.

I'm getting my creative groove back, so to speak, and it feels good. After I stopped taking art courses in college, I kind of put my artistic abilities in the attic, and now, all of a sudden, I'm making jewelry, knitting, buying expensive cameras, and BLOGGING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chopping firewood? Sounds COOL!

Fingers crossed on winning the camera. That sounds cool too!

lisa said...

dude that pic looks sooo nice...tell me how it was and post more pics please!!!