Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cruel, cruel spine!


So the inspiration for this blog entry is all of the posters and ads all over Philadelphia that advertise New York. "Come to New York." "This is New York." They're all over. I really don't think that's fair. It seems like kind of a slap in the face, especially considering that New York really doesn't need any help luring tourists. It's really Philadelphia that should be advertising in New York, even though New Yorkers usually think of Philadelphia as a sort of bastard step brother who occasionally has worthwhile art exhibits and Live 8 concerts. I can't find any images of these ads on the internet, but if I come across one, I'll throw it up here. Or I'll throw up on it.
I am writing an article for The Bulletin, which involves me going to see Temple Theater's production of The Time of Your Life tonight. I was excited about it, and I still kind of am, but I have so much to do tonight. Part of what I have to do is write the article after the play so that the article can make it into Friday's paper. I am also assisting my mother in purchasing a bulk amount of these pint glasses she is ordering for her bike shop. I won't bore you with the details of my labor, but it's something that I need to do on my home computer. I'll post the image from the glasses after I place the order.
My ever-problematic back has been especially problematic this week, which may or may not be connected with the other pains I experience once a month. But I am making an effort to sit up straight and not cross my legs. Usually I have my legs crossed in a very extreme matter that makes me lean to one side or the other, which only makes things worse. So. No leg crossing today.
Right after I wrote that, I drank some water and crossed my legs.
Ugh.
Well, I'm very busy, eating my Junior Mints for breakfast and paying my personal bills. So I'd better tend to those things.
Happy Hump Day.

No comments: