Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yes, I am stubborn


So yesterday I added the Visual Bookshelf application to my facebook account. If you're unfamiliar, facebook has stepped it up and added "applications," which range from the Graffiti Application (which allows you to leave other people drawings using a Paint-like program) to the Where I've Been Application (you mark on a map of the world the places you been, places you want to go, and places you've lived) to the Visual Bookshelf Applications (shows the covers of books you've read, you want to read, and you are currently reading). There's probably a hundred different applications. I can't keep up.
So I added the Visual Bookshelf and have been going through, selecting books I've read. I think that there should be an option for "Books I Will Never Read. Ever." But there isn't, so I will list them here:
-The DaVinci Code Sorry guys, it's never gonna happen, no matter how many people recommend it to me. I'm not reading it. No interest. This stands for Angels and Demons, too.
-Anything by Chuck Palahniuk. I started one of them, after so many of my friends tried to get me into him, and I wasn't into it. Yes, I went into it not wanting to like it, but I also just didn't like it. It's not my thing.
-Harry Potter My feeling about this is that I have a ton of other books I'd like to read. I'm not going to bump them down in the queue to read Harry Potter just because everyone says it's cool. I've seen and loved every Harry Potter movie. Dominique had a good idea about this. She said she'd read them with her kids. I'm into that. When I was little, my mom and I read all of the Chronicles of Narnia and I have good memories from that. I think Harry Potter can provide the same thing for my potential children. So I am sure that they are great books, but it is not important to me to read them right now.

So the list ends there for now.
While I'm in list mode, though, I wanted to make a sort of disclaimer regarding the Work Log. When I list things that I've viewed on the internet on a particular day, it should be considered that I have also gone to the following sites. I visit these daily:
BoingBoing This is a wonderful site. In fact, it describes itself as A Directory of Wonderful Things. It's a pretty famous site, so I know I'm not releasing hidden information by sharing the site with you, but it truly is great.
Local Weather - 19147 Because, hey, the weather widget is just a straight up liar.
Facebook and Myspace - No hyperlink. Although I visit these sites everyday, I don't spend very much time on them, and I'd really prefer if no one knew that I spent any time on them, but I do. And I don't want to talk about it anymore.
Flickr That link will take you to my Flickr site, but I usually surf around Flickr in search of nice photos, photos of people I know, and potential digital camera investments.
WikiPhilly.com I've been trying to get back into writing articles for WikiPhilly again. Yesterday I did some for SEPTA busses, trains, subways, and trolleys. Today: who knows.


That might be it. You could also consider that I go to Ebay pretty often, and I also check my bank account balance regularly.
It's only 11 a.m. and I've already blogged so there might be another post later.

No comments: